The opinion of Jeanne
For the comfort and speed (15′), the taxi is obviously the best solution, but it comes at a price between 20 and 30 €. The bus formula (airport line) + tram is much cheaper (€ 4) and is relatively fast (20-30′); and there are only 300 m. between the tram station and Chez Jeanne.
By taxi: about 15 minutes
Taxis are expensive, but fortunately there is less than 8 km from the airport and Chez Jeanne. There are always taxis at the exit of the arrivals hall. But sometimes you have to queue … To get Chez Jeanne (rue Stuckens 92 at Evere), it should cost between 19.60 and € 29.60 between 6 and 22h):
- Pick-up charge: € 2.40 (between 22h and 6h: 4,40 €)
- 4 km Tariff 1 (in the Flemish region: 1,60 €): € 6.40;
- 4 km Tariff 2 (Brussels region: 2,70 €): 10.80;
- surcharge per minute wait (when the taxi is traveling less than 19 km / h): 0,50 €.
- At peak times, there may be a 20 minute wait, 10 € supplement.
Bus (Airport line) and tram (55): about 25 minutes
- down to level 0 (below the arrivals hall)
- buy a ticket at the GO vending machine:
- take a Airport Line € 4 ticket (and buy now a return ticket, otherwise you will have to buy it on the bus for 6 €).
- N.B.: Children under 6 years old travel free and without a ticket.
- take bus 12; get off DA VINCI (8 min.).
- walk to stop DA VINCI located (e) RUE DE LA FUSEE / RAKET STRAAT for correspondence.
- take tram 55 in the direction ROGIER; get off at the stop PAIX / VREDE (6 min.).
- walk 300m to 92 Rue Edouard Stuckens. (5 min.)
By train: 60 minutes
This formula is not recommended. Not only its price is quite high (€ 12.24 + 1 tram ride), but the journey is quite long : the train drops you off at the Gare du Nord where you take tram 55 to the Place de la Paix in Evere.